The Construction Operations Administrator reports to the Director of Construction Services, coordinating and administering work in the Construction Services department of the company primarily related to preconstruction, project management, and field operations. The Construction Operations Administrator manages the administrative workflow related to each project from start to finish and is a key support position to project managers, superintendents, and estimators. This position requires initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively follow instructions and meet deadlines. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations to make our processes more efficient, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This individual will directly impact the company’s ability to grow by proactively establishing a workflow plan that frees up and supports the producers in a dynamic and growing business, and assists them in fulfilling their roles to manage projects effectively.
Duties of position: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manages project licensing and permitting requirements.
- Draft client contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and proposal authorizations for review/approval prior to managing the routing, execution, distribution, and filing.
- Set up and close out projects and serve as the lead administrator of project physical files, project electronic files, and project management software.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with all project documentation requirements internally and externally.
- Organize, schedule, attend and document project meetings when necessary.
- Manage project-level workflow and documentation to include submittals, requests for information, logs, schedules, project financial information, payment applications, reporting, and other tools (in conjunction with project manager).
- Communicate with subcontractors and vendors and help facilitate communication between project manager and superintendent.
- Assist project managers, estimators, and superintendents with project-related administrative tasks.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and time management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including internal team, clients, and other external partners
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Strong initiative, work ethic, and attention to detail
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university preferred, but not required.
- Possession of at least three (3) years of construction industry experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is required.
- Proficiency in Procore Construction Software is preferred
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.